DONATE TO OUR
SHINING STAR CAMPAIGN
REAF receives no government funding and relies wholly on corporate and individual
support. We need your help to cover the cost of our own operations so
that we can continue to support the many agencies who provide life-sustaining
services to thousands of men, women and children throughout the San Francisco
Bay Area. 100% of our event profits are donated to AIDS agencies
designated as beneficiaries of those events.
Click here to make a donation to support someone's personal fundraising goal or
get your own page.
donors will be listed in our
a list of Shining Star
levels and benfits,
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT REAF
REAF Private Label Wines
25% of all sales are donated back to REAF! Choose from Carole Cook Big Red, Red Ribbon Cabernet, Red Ribbon Chardonney, Cabaret Cabernet or create your own Private Label Wine.
10% of all profits from Let Love Out jewelry will go to REAF when you specify REAF when you checkout. Click the image below to view their entire collection.
To be added to our mailing or email lists and learn more
about REAF events, click here.
ON SALE NOW
SAVE THE DATE
AIDS benefit concert & Gala
AUGUST 24, 2014
Palace of Fine Arts
DECEMBER 9, 7:30PM
Marines' Memorial Theater
AIDS benefit concert & Gala
AUGUST 18, 7:30PM
Palace of Fine Arts
Help is on the Way
for the Holidays XI
December 10, 2012
Marines Memorial Theater
August 20, 7
HELP IS ON THE WAY XVIII
August 5, 2012
Herbst Theater/Green Room
Dancing with the Dragstars 2
Divas & Dames
All You Need is Love 2
One Night Only Cabarets
Shrek The Musical
West Side Story
In The Heights
To see REAF's photo albums
from all recent events on
Richmond/Ermet AIDS Foundation is
a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established to raise funds for and awareness about AIDS
service provider agencies through the production of quality entertainment
events. Born from the grass-roots efforts of two mothers, Barbara Richmond
and the late Peggy Ermet, who lost their only sons to AIDS as a way to
honor their sons' memories and to help alleviate the suffering of many
of the other sons and daughters living with HIV and AIDS, the Foundation
has become one of the leading sources of funding for many local AIDS service
partnerships with selected beneficiaries for each event, the Foundation
provides the leadership and resources to bring the highest quality talent
and production resources and maximize the funds raised for beneficiary
partners. Deadline for 2014 beneficiary applications is October 2013.
BENEFICIARIES FOR 2014 HELP IS ON THE WAY XX include:
* Abzyme Research Foundation
AIDS Legal Referral Panel
Positive Resource Ceneter
Beneficiaries for HELP IS ON THE WAY FOR THE HOLIDAYS XIII will be announced later in the year.
Read about beneficiaries
and learn how to apply....
and in-kind sponsors help underwrite the cost of REAF productions, ensuring
that 100% of event ticket sales go directly to the beneficiary agencies.
Click hereto download a corporate sponsor package for Help is on the Way XX.
Click here to learn about how to Sponsor...
& LIVE AUCTIONS
partners are also utilized to create magical and elaborate gala receptions,
as well as silent and live auctions.
make a donation to an upcoming auction for a "Help is on the Way" event,
a donation form by clicking here.
Who should get tested?
Where can you get tested? What should you do if your test is positive?
Get the answers to
these and other questions about HIV and how it is spread by clicking
For a list of AIDS Services Agencies in the Bay Area, click here!
- Since the beginning of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, 60 million people have contracted HIV and 30 million have died of AIDS-related causes
- Currently, there are 34 million people living with HIV worldwide and 1.2 million living with HIV in the U.S.
- Every day about 7,000 people contract HIV – nearly 300 people every hour
- In 2011, 1.7 million people died from AIDS worldwide
- California ranks second in the nation in cumulative AIDS cases, surpassed only by New York
- More than 190,000 Californians have contracted HIV/AIDS and more than 86,000 have died since the epidemic began in the early 1980s
- There are up to 7,000 new HIV infections in California every year
- 76% of all HIV/AIDS cases in California occur among gay men, far exceeding the 53% nationally
- In California, men make up 86% and women account for 13% of all HIV cases
- Of all HIV cases in California, whites account for 48% followed by Hispanics at 28% and African-Americans at 19%.
- More than two-thirds of all Californians living with HIV reside in Los Angeles County and the San Francisco Bay Area
- Since the beginning of the epidemic a total of 28,793 San Francisco residents have been diagnosed with AIDS, which comprises 18% of California AIDS cases and 3% of cases reported nationally
- In San Francisco, there are currently 18,576 people living with HIV
- An estimated 800-1,000 people will become infected with HIV this year in San Francisco
- 90% of new HIV infections in San Francisco are among gay men
- HIV/AIDS is the #1 cause of death for African-American women ages 25-34
of UNAIDS, the CDC & SF Deparment of Public Health
Play the REAF
promotional video for more information - 28.8 Kbps - DSL 8:52 Streaming
"Help is on the Way" - Theme
11Kbp - DSL 3:04
History Press Events Donate Sponsor Volunteer Contacts Home
© 2001, 2002 by Richmond/Ermet AIDS Foundation
.942 Divisadero Street, Ste. 201, San Francisco, CA 94115-4407
and Web design by Ken Henderson Graphic Design
Original graphics © 2002 by xyberMEDiA.com
Contact: webmaster (at) richmondermet.org
with questions or comments.